April 29, 2012

4/27/12 - Red Rock Canyon NCA (Revisted)

Although I went to high school in Las Vegas, I really don't care much for the place--but we keep coming back since it's on the way to or from so many other places.  (There's also a 1000 Trails park here, which really helps the budget.)  First time we were here, we went to Red Rock Canyon on a weekend, with scads of other people!  I negotiated for a return visit on a weekday. 

We stopped at the visitor center for a map.  They have a chuckwalla in a terrarium.





George's daughter suggested I stop taking so many pictures of her dad's backside as I follow him up the trail.  (How's this, Judy?  Cute, huh?)

The hike I wanted to do was Calico I.  I really like scrambling around on those red rocks.
 

 
We didn't go all the way to the top, but it's a lot cooler in January than it is the end of April.  The drive is a loop so we stopped to take pictures of wild flowers.  Click on the link below to go see more pics of Red Rock Canyon and the flowers:

Post a comment.

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: